The Eden Prairie Police Department is working closely with the National Football League and officials at the Minnesota Vikings Winter Park facility (9520 Viking Dr.) to prepare for Super Bowl 52.
Increased traffic congestion and road closures could affect a number of businesses located in Eden Prairie’s golden triangle, near the border of Eden Prairie and Edina.
Here is what you need to know:
- In conjunction with Super Bowl 52, National Football League teams will be using the Minnesota Vikings Winter Park facility Jan. 29 – Feb. 2, 2018.
- The intersection of Viking Drive and Washington Avenue will be closed while teams are at the practice facility – see map for details.
- Commuters should make plans to use the north end of Washington Avenue, accessible from Highway 169 & Valley View Road.
- Traffic congestion and detours are expected and employees should plan accordingly when setting work schedules and meetings, as well as notify visitors and delivery drivers, etc.
- Road closure and detour information will be posted along roadways two weeks in advance.
The Eden Prairie Police Department will work diligently to keep road closures to a minimum and quickly restore the flow of traffic.